[wpkg-users] Deploy different versions of wpkg dependent on XP/Seven

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:47:27 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 6:15 PM, zorgman <zorg at probesys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm used to deploy wpkg by a batch script which run wpkg.msi with correct
> setting info ...

we deploy them from an unattended installation setup, so a script is
called at the end and this script is different for every version of
windows (xp, 7, 2008r2, 32/amd64).

> Now i have some old XP and new Seven 64bits, i need to install different
> version of wpkg dependent on OS Version/bits.
> Do you now en easy way to do it? May be a script already exists? I have
> tried to use %OS% environment variable but it returns alway window_NT.

you could try parsing the output of systeminfo. I I recall correctly
(sorry, at home no windows, so I cannot check it) you can there see
if it is a 32 or x64 windows version.

--
Groeten,
natxo