[wpkg-users] Deploy different versions of wpkg dependent on XP/Seven

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Nov 17 11:45:53 CET 2010

Hi,

On 17.11.2010 11:34, zorgman wrote:
> thanks i'll try.
> Why do you use 1.3.5 for XP and 1.3.6 for Seven? is it no beta version? what
> change from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6, am i wrong to deploy 1.3.9?

Sorry not to mention this. It was menat just as an example. The script is
generic and can basically be used for any installer to achieve launching
different installers on different OS.

Feel free to use any recent WPKG client (I always recommend to use the latest
version available).

>> This should also answer your question about 64-bit version and %ProgramFiles% vs
>> %ProgramFiles(x86)%.
>>
> What do you mean?
> I have to do a script which return me if %programfiles(x86)% exist, if it's
> true, i run %programfiles(x86)%\soft\uninstall.exe
>
> So i have to do 2 packages, one for 32bits, one with logical check (is sofware
> install and is 64bits) which run %programfiles(x86)%\soft\uninstall.exe and an
> other with logical check (is sofware install and is 32bits) which run
> %programfiles%\soft\uninstall.exe

No, no need to create two packages.
Just use a logical OR check if you need to check for file existence.

e.g.

<check type='logical' condition='or'>
<check type='file' condition='exists'
path='%ProgramFiles(x86)%\soft\uninstall.exe' />
<check type='file' condition='exists' path='%ProgramFiles%\soft\uninstall.exe' />
</check>

This will yield true on both systems.