[wpkg-users] problems with windows 2008 R2

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:59:18 CEST 2010

hi,

I am in the process of bootstrapping a new bunch of servers, windows
2008 r2. I use opsi for the unattended installation of the operating
system, that works fine.

At the end of the specialize pass in the unattended installation I
launch a script that installs the wpkg client (64 bits). That runs
fine and the client gets installed. I then start the client. That goes
fine. The client installs the vmware tools (because it is a vm) and
reboots.

Here comes the problem. Apparently, after this reboot, the installer
is not done yet, it needs to run the 'out of the box experience
system' pass. And when this happens, the wpkg service starts but
cannot find the network share and it stops with the message:
WNetAddConnection2-> The network path was not found. The service then
stops.

I have tried using the failure property of windows services with sc
failure wpkgservice reset= 30 actions= restart/5000 and this setting
gets correctly applied to the service, but the service does not start
if it has not been able to start. Which is a shame.

So I have to login the server, restart the service and then it will
work, or restart the server and then it will work.

Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

--
Groeten,
Natxo