[wpkg-users] %version%

Robert Backhaus robbak at robbak.com
Fri Oct 8 08:47:08 CEST 2010

On 7 October 2010 21:00, Pendl Stefan <stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at> wrote:

> The check will not work, since I doubt, that variable expansion is used on uninstall paths.
> You can use regular expressions and check the DisplayVersion value:
>
> <check type="uninstall" condition="versiongreaterorequal" path="Adobe Reader 9.4.+" value="%version%" />
>
> ---
> Stefan
No, variables in uninstall strings work just fine, as this shows:

2010-10-08 08:55:53, DEBUG   : Variable version = 9.4.0
2010-10-08 08:55:53, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry 'Adobe Reader 9.4.0'
matches string 'Adobe Reader 9.4.0'.
2010-10-08 08:55:53, DEBUG   : Uninstall entry for Adobe Reader
%version% was found: test successful

The problem is elsewhere.
What transforms are you using in the AdbeRdr940.mst file?  As you said
you were using the script from the wiki, and the wiki references the
.mst file, then you must be using one. Perhaps one of your changes
altered what the uninstall entry looks like?

Is the system you are intsalling on in not english? that might trip up
the uninstall check.