[wpkg-users] problems with windows 2008 R2

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 11:40:53 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> On 20.10.2010 12:59, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>
>> Here comes the problem. Apparently, after this reboot, the installer
>> is not done yet, it needs to run the 'out of the box experience
>> system' pass. And when this happens, the wpkg service starts but
>> cannot find the network share and it stops with the message:
>> WNetAddConnection2->  The network path was not found. The service then
>> stops.
>
> Yeah, some machines have this problem.
>
> Can you try wpkg-gp? You'll find a link to it on the download page.

I have asked there. Cleitet answer was "I would not recommend using
this for anything in production yet. . . :)" , so I'd rather use the
wpkg client. Plus they think they are not going to use the xml files
but group policy (ok, the new admx group policy is also xml, but not
the wpkg xml we already have in place). So that path seems closed as
of now.

The questions are: why is this happening and how can we get around it?
I already know how to get around it: just login the computer and
manually have it reset of restart the wpkg service. I guess more
people use wpkg also for servers, and with the more and more people
upgrading to 2008, this problem will get more common. I am no
developper, but I can test stuff.

We use wpkg extensively with xp, 7, and 2003 computers. It works
great, so I hope it keeps working great with 2008.

natxo