[wpkg-users] Tips for testing new/upgraded packages before general deployment

John Danks john.danks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:55:24 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Dave Ewart <davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 05.04.2011 at 12:26 +0200, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>
> Ah, I understand the general approach.  I hadn't considered the
> possibility of using multiple repositories in this way.  Sounds like a
> good idea.

I do a similar but simpler approach. I have one machine with WPKG
Client pulling from \\server\WPKG-test. I make changes to the XML
files in that folder and when I'm confident they are ready then I copy
them over to \\server\WPKG. It's handy to be able to run a diff
between the directories to see your exact changes too.