[wpkg-users] Wpkg-GP 0.13

cleitet at gmail.com cleitet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:40:05 CEST 2011

Hi all!

I am happy to release Wpkg-GP 0.13 with the following enhancement/fixes:

I would also convey my appreciation for everyone who have bothered to
report issues and suggestions, please continue to do so, and Wpkg-GP
will mature into a 1.0 release soon!

-CL

2011-08-03 - Release 0.13

    * New features
          o EnableViaLGP is now on by default, to make it possible to
run out of the box. New switch /DisableViaLGP disables it if you want
to run the installer silent. (r213)
          o Installer aborts if you do not provide a path to
WpkgCommand and are using Local Group Policies (default). (r214)
          o Support for environment variables in Wpkg-GP.ini under the
EnvironmentVariables section r199
          o Now we have an "activity indicator" (moving dots) to
indicate that the process has not hung while installing packages.
(r210,  issue #51 )
          o Modularized Wpkg-GP.adm Administrative template to be
easier to configure and making it possible to only configure parts of
it. This is handy if you want to configure WpkgCommand? via Group
Policies, but username/password via INI. (r212)
    * Fixes:
          o Workarounds for scenarios where execution of Wpkg-GP
started before the network was fully operable (r198).
          o Issues with logrotation (r200).
          o Explained how to escape # characters in Wpkg-GP.ini (r201,
 issue #47 )
          o Issues with the security features from 0.12 (r204, r204,
issue #46 )
          o Issue with ini files provided at setup not named
wpkg-gp.ini (r207  issue #50 )
          o Issue with looking up account information on system with
other languages than English, as account names was hardcoded. Is now
using well known SID's instead. (r208,  issue #49 )
          o Issue when using relative paths to provide /INI file to
installer. (r211)