[wpkg-users] TQ: Why is the LCID of the installing user used?

grigribou grigribou at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:22:33 CEST 2011

Hi! ;)

For me too a variable like lcid-os could be very helpfull!

I have some PC's with OS installed in en-US, but with an UI and Spanish or
en Portugues...
But now we r setuping OS in Spanish or In Portugues

lcid variable return me only Spainsh or portugues, and never English....

For some setup it's a trouble...:

Now i need to copy a file in this directory:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\   --> Exist in English OS
but for spanish OS or portugues OS it become : %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Datos de
programa\

:(

With an English OS with Spanish UI, lcid return Spanish lcid... and try to
find
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Datos de programa
It don't exist.... OS is English

So in some case something like lcid-os can be really very usefull....

Best