[wpkg-users] xcopy failing to copy

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Aug 19 16:21:53 CEST 2011

Hi Dave,

On 19.08.2011 16:16, Dave Goodbourn wrote:
> A strange one this, one of my packages has a xcopy command as the install
> command. It starts the xcopy but just seems to stall. No error message is
> displayed and the xcopy process is still running.

Due to a limitation in WSH there is an issue when commands print more than ~4k
on the console. So if you sue xcopy within a command, then make sure to redirect
its output to a file, NUL or even better, use the /Q switch to prevent huge
screen output. You won't be able to see the output during WPKG execution anyway.
So if you need to have a look at xcopy output, then redirect it to a file.