[wpkg-users] wpkg not installing packages for user, only using default

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:20:21 CEST 2011

> Ok, so I have wpkg working on almost all the new pc's except
> a handfull.
> Those that won't work keep installing the default package
> list instead
> of the one that I explicitly told it to install using it's
> hostname. Is
> there anywhere I can look in wpkg, samba, or on the pc to see what
> profile it is trying to pull? I have even gone as far as removing the
> wpkg.xml from the c:\windows\system32 and formatting and reinstalling
> the OS.

I am using the following command script to create a log file with all the important information, without actually installing
anything.
Run that on your problematic machines.
Make sure to change SOFTWARE and WPKG_ROOT to match your environment.

rem ---code start (watch for line wraps)

@rem
@echo off

pushd %~dp0\..
set SOFTWARE=%CD%

pushd %~dp0
set WPKG_ROOT=%CD%\WPKG Server

echo.
echo Executing WPKG in Debug Mode ...
cscript "%WPKG_ROOT%\wpkg.js" /nonotify /debug /dryrun /synchronize /sendStatus /logLevel:0xFF >"%TMP%\wpkg_check.txt"

echo.
echo Displaying Log File ...

if exist "%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" (
	"%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "%TMP%\wpkg_check.txt"
) else (
	if exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" (
		"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "%TMP%\wpkg_check.txt"
	) else (
		notepad "%TMP%\wpkg_check.txt"
	)
)