[wpkg-users] wpkg not installing packages for user, only using default

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 23:17:26 CEST 2011

> I actually recommend the first option. Making sure each hosts
> gets only one
> single profile assigned. You can still apply "default"
> profile by specifying
> dependencies between profiles.

I second Rainer's advice.

----

The problem is the following section from wpkg-check.log:

Hosts file contains 18 hosts:
'name=adelatorre2','profile-id=default64'
'name=demo7','profile-id=demo'
'name=severett2','profile-id=newdefault64'
'name=DBROOKS','profile-id=dbrooks'
'name=.+','profile-id=default'
'name=rsmart2','profile-id=newdefault64'
'name=jomiles','profile-id=is-staff'
'name=searchroom4','profile-id=searchroom'
'name=DBROOKS','profile-id=dbrooks'
'name=jbaughn','profile-id=default64'
'name=jbaughn2','profile-id=default64'
'name=adelatorre','profile-id=default64'
'name=plieb','profile-id=default64'
'name=checkout1','profile-id=checkout1'
'name=rquinn2','profile-id=default64'
'name=sokolsky','profile-id=is-staff'
'name=morrisey','profile-id=default64'
'name=jgardner2','profile-id=newdefault64'

As you can see the definition "'name=jomiles','profile-id=is-staff'" is located after "'name=.+','profile-id=default'", which
results in any of the following machines using the default profile.

It seems that you have set up one hosts file for each machine, where it would be more practical to have one hosts file for each
department or room.
You even have two dbrooks hosts files as it seems, that is really strange.

In your case I would even use only one hosts file, since there are not so much hosts.

Finally, I have never had a need to use the match-all ".+" pattern.

If we could get some insight on your environment, we will be able to give you better help.

---
Stefan

WPKG 1.2.1-RC07

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1