[wpkg-users] wpkg - how to upgrade between different products like 'firefox 3' to 'firefox 4'?

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 21:26:54 CEST 2011

All the firefox versions just upgrade by uninstalling the older version during the self contained installation.  We have only ever had one 'firefox', 'adode reader', 'flash player' etc.... package.  You just create a 'firefoxv2' package for your test system and once I've proven it installs then rename it to 'firefox'.

As another reply stated you can put an uninstall 'msiexec /x {???????}' as an install line to remove the previous versions with error trapping if they don't exist.