[wpkg-users] Merge XML files, remove comments and validate?

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Thu Dec 8 17:00:40 CET 2011

Hi all!

I have all packages & profiles in a separate folder for each
software/computer to make it easier to manage and if there is a typo,
only one files packages/profiles are not being read instead of all of them.

The problem now is that after three years I have 830 profiles and 102
packages. This means it takes a lot longer now to run WPKG than when we
started.
I would like to keep the separate files in subfolders (where WPKG can
not find them), eg:
%wpkgroot%\packages\software
%wpkgroot%\profiles\clients
%wpkgroot%\profiles\servers
%wpkgroot%\profiles\software

and use a script to merge all xml-files, remove all comments and
validate the new packages.xml and profiles.xml before copying them to
%wpkgroot%

Does anyone else use this setup and have a script that will work from
Windows? I made a test batch script just to merge the xml-files, which
works fine, but I really would like to remove all the comments and
validate the xml files also.
As a secondary option I could use a script to run on our *nix server
running the samba server where WPKG is located.

Thank you in advance!

/David

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617