[wpkg-users] %cd% in Batch File

Michael MacKay dmmackay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:01:45 CET 2011

I am trying to deploy a patch for some custom software supplied by our
parent company. They send it as an .exe (no silent option), which I extract
it, it is basically a batch scripted update. I can run the batch file on a
workstation and it works but running into problems running it via WPKG. It
is a 200+ line batch file but I believe the issue has to do with the %cd%
(current directory) variable. Early in the script it has this:

set CURDIR="%cd%"

then later:
call %CURDIR%\MCSVersion.exe -ADTMAX -V%TPSVER%
if not exist %CURDIR%\DTMAX.VER goto END
call %CURDIR%\DTMAX2009.exe

It seems to miss this stage of the script as it can't find DTMAX2009.exe

Any ideas on how to make this run using the %CD% built in variable?  I
could just change it there, but I have another script with the same
%curdir% that uses it about 20 times and these updates come regularly so it
would be nice to figure out how to leave the batch file intact.

Thanks,
Mike