[wpkg-users] Firefox 8 and extension deployment

chiddie claudio.ghirardi at geniaware.com
Wed Dec 14 14:51:08 CET 2011

> You can „install“ extensions globally by copying them _anywhere_ e.g.
> %ProgramFiles%\local\FirefoxExtensions
> and registering them like described here:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Adding_Extensions_using_the_Windows_Registry

Well, i can't believe it... but it works.

I have only one more question: using this method, when i open firefox (8)
the addon is detected but is disabled (or there's a mask saying that a new
addon was detected but i have to choose if i want to install it or not). Is
it possible to have addons/extensions installed/enabled by default when
firefox starts?

Thanks sooooo much anyway.