[wpkg-users] Inventory Collection

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Thu Jan 6 10:47:09 CET 2011

Am 28.12.2010 19:29, schrieb Mark Lintern:
> Does WPKG have the capability to inventory product keys off of the
> machines it's running on?
Sorry for the late reply. We do it the following way, since OCS is not
capable of reading all needed keys:

   <package
      id="keyfinder"
      name="Find all application keys"
      revision="1"
      reboot="false"
      priority="1"
      execute="once">

    <!-- Download: http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ -->
    <!-- Command line options - /save <location> /savecsv <location>
/close /hive <location> /file <filename> -->
    <install cmd='%SOFTWARE%\packages\keyfinder\keyfinder.exe /savecsv
%SOFTWARE%\status\ /close'/>
    <upgrade cmd='%SOFTWARE%\packages\keyfinder\keyfinder.exe /savecsv
%SOFTWARE%\status\ /close'/>

    </package>

You can adjust keyfinder.cfg to your own needs. Every time I increase
the revision number, I get a new csv file for every client.

HTH
Falko