[wpkg-users] Running wpkg.js as System Account

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Fri Jan 7 12:34:48 CET 2011

Hi,
> Falko:
> If I remember correctly, you use psexec. Could you make a test please,
> using Wpkg Client? You could trigger Wpkg Client remotely, too, if you
> just set the Wpkg Service to run "manual" and trigger the service start
> via psexec. Wpkg client works flawlessly here on W7, just doesn't show
> the messages on startup. That's why we are trying to get wpkg-gp running
> on W7-64.

> François:
> In fact my problem is not related to Windows 7 exclusively.
> I prefer not using wpkg-client because I don't want all my workstations to deploy packages at system logon.
That's why I recommended setting the wpkg client service to "manual" start.
> I prefer using some scheduled task to be able to update machines during the day without waiting for a reboot.
>
> I also don't want user notifications, except when needed (so I use the notify=true parameters in packages definition when needed).
My intention was not that you should install wpkg client on all machines
- please test on one machine only, if the problem with the logfile is
the same as with psexec.
> And this way, I don't need to install anything more than a scheduled tasks.

If the scheduled task does "net start wpkgservice" or runs wpkg.js
itself - does this matter, isn't it the same?

HTH
Falko