[wpkg-users] Running wpkg.js as System Account

LAPLAUD François laplaud at sdis72.fr
Thu Jan 13 09:58:05 CET 2011

Hi again,

My problems seems to be resolved. For Rainer, its not a bug...
My permission denied messages were due to simultaneous file access...
When the I was doing wrong deployment packages, sometimes wpkg was idling in background waiting for user interaction wich never happends. In this state, when the scheduled task was run again, it tried to access again the log file and was getting a permission denied error message.

I had another problem : for my testing purposes, my scheduled task was running every 2 minutes on 200 computers.
I encountered authentication problems from the fileserver (2043 error id in the security event log)
After increasing the scheduled task interval (15 minutes) it has been fixed.

Now all is working well.
I only need another thing : add a random waiting time before the script tries to install packages.
I will post my modifications of the script if someone ask for.

Thanks for your help.

This wpkg tool is really great.
BTW I now also use the wpkg create report tool which is great too.

Cheers,

Laplaud François