[wpkg-users] Is it possible to Disable/Hide the Installation progress GUI?

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Fri Jan 21 08:39:41 CET 2011

101 <101junkstuff at googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi

Hello,

[...]

> We have the software deploying / installing ok on shutdown but have been
> asked if it can be run without the Display message being shown?

If you were able to hide it (I don't see how), how can you make the
difference (and the users) between:

- there are updates to install by wpkg, which can take several minutes
  (like java or big stuff like OOo)

- there is a problem with my windows and shutdown hangs

As an administrator, you can see it in the logs if you put them on the
server, but some users will simply press the button until it's powered
off[1].

Footnotes:
[1]  on ~2500 users, some do it even when they see the messages box ;-)

--
Daniel Dehennin
RAIP de l'Orne