[wpkg-users] Use specials caracters

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Mon Jan 24 17:21:32 CET 2011

Hi,

Am Montag, 24. Januar 2011, 17:11:25 schrieb papapupu:
> Hello,
> I want to create a package where the check type = uninstall but the path
> contain specials caracters like "é" . How can i do it ?
>
> Ex :
> If i put this :
>
> <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Citrix XenApp Plugin pour
> applications hébergées"/>
>
> ...it don't work.

Does the encoding of that path match what your XML header specifies?
If you didn't specify an encoding in the XML header (e.g. <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="iso-8859-15"?>), it defaults to UTF-8.  Those accented characters
must be coded accordingly.  I have all my files in UTF-8 encoding and ÄÖÜ and
the likes work fine.  If you use those characters in commands and batch files,
you may run into additional problems though.

Regards,
Malte