[wpkg-users] ERROR: is null or not an object

Charles Gargent cgargent at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:45:35 CEST 2011

Hi

I get an error in my log file like so:

2011-07-01 11:16:36, ERROR   : Error evaluating package check for package
> 'Microsoft .NET Framework': 'null' is null or not an object

 The check for that package is like so:

<check type="registry" condition="equals" path="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET
> Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\Install" Value="1" />

as suggested by this msdn
site<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee942965.aspx#detecting_net_framework>

I suspect the error is due to the fact that if the registry key is not
present and the value returned on the registry check comes back null. This
should mean the check fails rather than returning a script error.

There are one or 2 mentions of this problem in the lists but I dont see any
answers.

Thanks