[wpkg-users] Installation with local client and web server - several questions

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Jul 5 16:35:13 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying a somewhat unusual, at least undocumented setup. SInce the
clients can only access a central web server, but no file server, I am
trying to deploy wpkg.js locally and retrieve configuration and software
packages from a web server (managed by wpkgexpress).

Several questions:
* I have installed the WPKG Client, and tried to put
"%ProgramFiles%\wpkg\wpkg.js" as WPKG path, but it doesn't work.
Substituting "C:\Program Files" for "%ProgramFiles%" works, but will not
help since there are several clients with e.g. "E:\Program Files" instead.
* Dito with post-exec command; I wanted to download all package files to
a temp folder and clean this up afterwards, but post-exec command "del
/q %SYSTEMDRIVE%\packages\*.*" did not work, neither did "%comspec% del
/q ...".
* I tried setting wpkg base path in config.xml to
"https://my.web.server/wpkg", but it doesn't work. Plain http does, so I
suspect https is not supported. Any way to change this? (Using the https
URL in a web browser returns the correct XML file).

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Andreas