[wpkg-users] Host match disruptive changes in 1.2?

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Tue Jul 19 13:51:46 CEST 2011

> information you provide it seems to be logical and intentional for
> me that the
> "default" profile is applied to the host since your name="." would
> match all the
> hosts. If you don't intend to match them all then make sure
> hosts.xml does not
> contain such a "catch all" host entry which will match any host name.
Either
> sort the host entries in your hosts.xml or make sure you literally sort
your
> hosts/*.xml files and only the last one contains such a "catch all"
entry.

Darn I forgot about this.

There was indeed a change I noticed but forgot to open a discussion about
it. It looks like the order of the xml-files changed during some RC. I
remember having the catchall in hosts.xml and several normal definitions
in the hosts/ subdirectory. In one RC, WPKG started to load hosts.xml
first and the definitions in the hosts/ subdirectory after that.

So the catchall-definition was loaded first, matched and no other hosts
(from hosts/) matched (because applyMultiple was off).

I worked around this by emptying the hosts.xml and putting the catchall
into an extra file "zzz_catchall.xml", which I hope is guaranteed to load
as the last definition.

So at the moment it's this way: If you have a catchall in "hosts.xml" and
applyMultiple=off then your definitions in hosts/*.xml won't match,
because the catchall matches first.

Hope I could help
        Heiko