[wpkg-users] Host match disruptive changes in 1.2?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jul 19 18:29:21 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 19.07.2011 17:36, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> I might be able to check the logs to find the RC where this behavior changed.

Well, I did a diff between version 1.2 and 1.1.2 in the relevant functions and
did not discover a change in behavior. Maybe it was "changed" during fixing some
code in WPKG 1.0 already.

However I personally believe that it might be potentially better to load the XML
from hosts/ first before reading hosts.xml. Unfortunately this relies on
Microsoft XML framework and the methods currently used do not clearly state in
which order it adds nodes when loaded. I guess it's appending them, but as it's
not documented it might also be "random".

I will check it and do some testing with different implementations. Then I will
report the results.