[wpkg-users] Host match disruptive changes in 1.2?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jul 19 20:54:36 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 19.07.2011 19:00, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Investigating the wpkg.js source, there has nothing changed in the function used to get the hosts information.
>
> The file was always read before the folder from a source code point of view.

Right, that's then exactly what I was wondering about. However probably we
should clearly define to read the XML files from the directory before reading
the single-file. Maybe this would do the trick... I will check.

> I just noticed that the profiles and hosts are read to the same variable "nodes", might be worth to set it to "null" in between.

This should not yield any issue. nodes will be replaced by a reference to the
new object returned by loadXml(). Therefore it will be either "null" or
referring to an XML structure.
Setting it to a null reference in between would just add a couple of CPU cycles
to set a reference which is replaced the line after again.

> BTW, on line 1550 the loadXml() function is called with only two arguments where it actually has three.

This is not an issue with JScript. Actually it's clearly defined that missing
arguments are set to "null" automatically.
Nevertheless it does not harm if we use the right number of arguments. Therefore
I've changed it locally. Will be checked in on next commit.

What I was worried more about was the typo in "documentElement" (was
"documentElemet" on line 5920. Fixed that too. Although I think the code was
never run due to the fact that the enclosing if never was true since xmlRoot
never holds a null reference at this stage. Anyway, it's fixed on next commit.