[wpkg-users] Win 7 .exe installer issue

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:01:08 CEST 2011

> Hi Stefan,
>
> thanks, the changes make wpkg-client work again. But is the
> usage of the computer-account a desired behaviour?
> I thought that the configured ad-account should be used for
> all access-operations?
>
> Best Regards,
> Matthias

I have found that it is much better to have the SYSTEM user install the software, since you do not have to use any password.

Using one user for all, including file share access, simplifies things immensely.

You may still have to mount the SOFTWARE share for some applications to install correctly, but that can be done inside the package
using "NET USE".

For NT-domains it seems to work best to use the SYSTEM user.

---
Stefan