[wpkg-users] set %TEMP% variable for user?

Mark_Israel at nps.gov Mark_Israel at nps.gov
Fri Jun 24 14:49:22 CEST 2011

In Windows you can add a User Variable for another TEMP directory. Go to
System and depending on which Windows version you want to choose  the
Advanced Tab then , (Login as that User first) Then select "Environment
Variables" at the bottom and in the top box set your Temp and TMP variable
to whatever you prefer. This will become that users permanent Temp
directory. Makes it easier to find and clean out.

Thank you,
-------------------------
Mark Israel

             Daniel Dehennin
             <daniel.dehennin@
             ac-caen.fr>                                                To
             Sent by:                  wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
             wpkg-users-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.wpkg.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wpkg-users] set %TEMP%
             06/24/2011 04:04          variable for user?
             AM

Labamba81 <labamba81 at googlemail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to set the %temp% or %tmp% variable for user, not SYSTEM?
>
> my guess is not, because wpgk runs under the system account. am i right?
>
> If any of you have a solution, please let me know

Right, the wpkg client run under system account, but you can declare a
TEMP variable in your host/profiles/packages or even in WPKG client
SETTINGS.

Regards.

--
Daniel Dehennin