[wpkg-users] winexe and EPOLL_CTL_ADD error

Maurizio Marini Gmail marini.maurizio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:53:30 CET 2011

the short story:

i think that i fall into this bug:
http://fixunix.com/samba/192081-re-samba-4-can-smbd-run-non-interactively.html

i can run winexe interactively without any problem and then i can exec
wpkg.js, but as i run it into a shell script as this one:
http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_winexe
i get tevent: EPOLL_CTL_ADD failed (Operation not permitted) - falling
back to select()

the long version:
the scenario is a CentOS 5.5 box with last winexe version, at this time is:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winexe/files/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winexe/files/winexe-0.91.tar.gz/download

this is a very small script that runs winexe:
cat lancia.sh
#! /bin/bash -xv
/usr/local/bin/winexe   -U "DOMAIN\Administrator%password"
//192.168.20.50 cmd.exe <<EOF
exit
EOF

if i run it by shell:
./lancia.sh
#! /bin/bash -xv
/usr/local/bin/winexe   -U "DOMAIN\Administrator%password"
//192.168.20.50 cmd.exe <<EOF
exit
EOF
+ /usr/local/bin/winexe -U 'DOMAIN\Administrator%password'
//192.168.20.50 cmd.exe
tevent: EPOLL_CTL_ADD failed (Operation not permitted) - falling back
to select()

Aborting...
/usr/local/bin/winexe   -U "DOMAIN\Administrator%password"
//192.168.20.50 cmd.exe

if i run it interactively:

17:11:20 root at fisico: ~/scripts # /usr/local/bin/winexe   -U
"DOMAIN\Administrator%password" //192.168.20.50 cmd.exe
Microsoft Windows XP [Versione 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I think that this is something analogue to this link:
http://fixunix.com/samba/192081-re-samba-4-can-smbd-run-non-interactively.html
> Using standard process model
> EOF on stdin - terminating
>
> Can Samba 4 be run in non-interactive mode?

I fixed that this evening (it was a bug I introduced quite recently).

Cheers, Tridge