[wpkg-users] no permissions to run ?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:32:28 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Wouter Kral - Xpletus <w.kral at xpletus.nl>wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> Here is my situation:
>

> 1 Centos server with a samba and share called wpkg with it’s file included
>
> 1 Windows 7 Prof wich is member of the domain (samba)
>
> I’ve installed the wpkg client and works fine.
>
> If i log in as admin or user with admin rights the installations go well.
>

> If i log in as a domain user and manualy run the script, (cscript
> \\10.0.0.1\wpkg\wpkg.js /syncronize /debug) the packages (dia and picasa)
> can’t be installed.
>
> The system said something like: this user has no rights for installing
> picasa.

if you run it the script without administrative privileges, you cannot
install any software. This is normal behaviour. You cannot install any
software either under such accounts manually either.

You should run the script as the wpkgservice, then it runs a local system
and has all the rights it needs.

> What could be the problem ?
>
> By installing the WPKG client, SYSTEM is the user for installing the
> packages ?

yes.

> It’s just a problem (a permissions problem) on the local machine (Windows
> 7).

yes

> Does anyone know what to do ?

run wpkg as a service or as a scheduled task (user system).

--
groeten,
natxo