[wpkg-users] Default %SOFTWARE% location

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Mon Mar 14 17:56:26 CET 2011

On 03/14/2011 10:53 AM, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
>> It would probably be helpful to document this somewhere in the
>> readme.txt, or on the wiki.  If it already is on the wiki, it should be
>> made easier to find.
>
> There is no default location, you must set it with a <variable
> name="SOFTWARE" value="..."> in host/profile/packages/ or directly in
> the WPKG client settings.

Thanks.  It would probably be good to have this documented in the
README.txt, since I’m sure many people expect the software packages on
the wiki to work “out of the box”

I’ve had a crack at modifying the FAQ on the wiki to explain this [1],
but I really think it belongs in the README.txt as well.

Hope it helps.

—Alex Mauer “hawke”

1.
http://wpkg.org/FAQ#Silent_installs_and_the_.25SOFTWARE.25_Environment_variable