[wpkg-users] Dropbox autoit script problems

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Fri Mar 18 13:12:49 CET 2011

Am Freitag, 18. März 2011, 12:30:24 schrieb Paul McGrath:
> Hi Martin,
>   Yes it appears that the autoit clicking isn't working when using wpkg.
> I've checked event viewer log and cannot see any problems.  Is it possible
> to get a more detailed log from wpkg? Thanks
> Paul

Hi Paul,

such things only work when the service is configured to be allowed to interact
with the desktop - otherwise processes started from the service cannot create
windows and all such autoit stuff is bound to fail.
Either way, this is rather dirty hackery and the Right Thing (tm) would be to
get the Dropbox folks to release a real silent installer.  Starting with
Windows Vista, it's no longer possible to allow such service to desktop
interaction at all - breaking any package that uses autoit clickery from WPKG
Client or WPKG-GP.

Cheers,
Malte