[wpkg-users] Empty remove command

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 19:43:13 CET 2011

Am 22.11.2011 13:38, schrieb Rainer Meier:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On 22.11.2011 12:34, VERDEYEN Jonathan wrote:
>> About .NET Framework, it is installed on all our computers by WSUS, my
>> point in making Dynamics AX depend on it is to make sure it's
>> installed or force its installation before installing Dynamics AX (on
>> a newly installed computer for exemple).
>> But then there might be other software not managed by WPKG or even
>> drivers that need it so I'd rather not have WPKG uninstall it, I guess
>> I will either put it in a "base" profile or use some trick to prevent
>> the uninstall.
>
> For me this looks likeyou dont want to use WPKG to manage the .NET
> framework at all. So it might be the best solution not to create a WPKG
> package and set dependencies. Instead you could simply call the .NET
> installer as one of the install commands of your application.

We do use WSUS to deploy Windows updates and WPKG for software too.

We just make sure to have the Windows updates finished before we start
the WPKG software deployment.

You can still create a package for .NET with only a check defined, just
to be able to define the dependency for the software.
This is possible and makes things really easy.
The software will not be installed until .NET is installed, so you don't
have to wait for the Windows updates to be finished, but I would advice
you to do so.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: