[wpkg-users] Delayed sevice start

Alan Adams alan at adamshome.org.uk
Wed Nov 23 23:12:35 CET 2011

In message <20111123083018.GC3042 at sv.lnf.it>
          Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Mandi! John Danks
>   In chel di` si favelave...

>> WPKG Client has a few settings you might try. I haven't experimented
>> with logon
>> delay, but it's there under Logon Settings / Execution mode.

> Consider also:

>         http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305293

I am only too aware of that, and in the domain always ensure it is set
in Group policy to wait for the network.

However XP Home edition can't join a domain, and I haven't found an
equivalent registry setting to make it start the wireless before
logging in. The problem is not that the wireless is slow to start -
you can leave the computer at the login window for an hour, and the
wireless still hasn't started. It waits for someone to login before it
tries to connect.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan at adamshome.org.uk