[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Oct 22 19:45:38 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 22.10.2011 17:36, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Problem still persists, configuration sent privately (~3MB).

Verified. Sorry for delay but it took a bit to track it down and solve it as it
needs some fundamental initialization changes.

The reason is that WPKG during initialization prints some information about
assigned profiles etc. At this stage the settings file is not loaded so the
local host is matched. In your case you did not have any hosts definition which
matched the SERVER. Therefore WPKG terminated with an error that it could not
find a profile.

I've changed order of initialization now. I've also removed some debug output
for query mode to work around the issue as some information is only queried for
debug purposes.

I did run both, your use-case as well as a wpkg-test suite run with 1.2.1-RC34
which completed successfully.

Changes 2011-10-22, v1.2.1-RC34 by Rainer Meier <r.meier (at) wpkg.org>
FIX: If executed in remote query mode WPKG failed if there was no profile
      assigned to the host executing WPKG (the remote host).
      Initialization of debug messages about assigned profiles has been delayed
      and for queries this information is skipped.
      Fixes issue reported by Stefan Pendl. Thank you!