[wpkg-users] How to redirect output of wpkg.js to a file?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Oct 26 14:59:30 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 26.10.2011 14:44, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> I think wpkg.js is sending its output to StdError so you need to redirect that too.

It's using STDOUT for console output (respectively the WScript.Echo() function.
But it's generally a good idea to redirect STDERR as well using 2>&1.

> In addition wpkg.js creates its own log file, witch is saved to %TMP%, so I doubt you will get any output at all.

Yes, in /quiet mode (or using quiet parameter in config.xml) WPKG will not send
anything to STDOUT (except status updates if you use /sendStatus).

So make sure quiet mode is not enabled and you will see the whole output on STDOUT.