[wpkg-users] Do file time checks take daylight savings time into account?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sun Oct 30 19:58:15 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 30.10.2011 19:06, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> I know that in C you are advised to convert file time to system time to work around the DST problem, see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724290%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

This here might be quite a comprehensive description of the issue:
<http://www.codeproject.com/KB/datetime/dstbugs.aspx>

It seems Microsoft has decided for a very strange behavior here and insists on
keeping it. However I will first have to read all the information and get an
idea on whether it's possible to work around the issue using WSH.

In worst case we somehow need to document it as a known issue for file time
comparison.