[wpkg-users] Do file time checks take daylight savings time into account?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sun Oct 30 20:23:24 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 30.10.2011 20:15, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> It is possible to detect if DST is active, but there is no function to get that information in WSH I think.
>
> Why must Microschrott be such a pain?

I have no good solution to this yet. An alternative would be to allow WPKG
accepting standard and DST times to be correct for date equal comparison on file
times. But this might have side-effects if the date on the system is offset by
exactly one hour.

Moreover it leads to additional questions:
- When an "equal" check is done it's unlikely that the comparison returns true
if the file date is not equal to the comparison date as the offset would have to
be EXACTLY 1 hour, which is unlikely.

- For older/newer checks this might be an issue as comparison dates are often
entered very close to the expected file date.

And certainly I won't introduce calls to native libraries just for this "feature".

:(