[wpkg-users] programs using installshield no longer installing with WPKG.JS 1.2.1

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 13:24:49 CEST 2011

Hi,
  Since upgrading to wpkg.js 1.2.1 at least 1 of my installshield dependant applications is no longer installing.  If I revert back to 1.1.2 it is okay.
  The problem lies in using the wpkg env variables.  My original package install lines was
 <install cmd='%SOFTWARE%\primerexpress3\setup.exe -s -f1%SOFTWARE%\primerexpress3\setup.iss ' />
This now results a '-1' exit code

If I fully define the server UNC path then it works
<install cmd='\\wpkg.myserver.com\wpkg\files\primerexpress3\setup.exe -s -f1\\wpkg.myserver.com\wpkg\files\primerexpress3\setup.iss ' />

Any ideas?
Thanks

Paul McGrath,
IT Manager,