[wpkg-users] inquiry

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Sep 9 13:54:59 CEST 2011

Hi "Make Compile" ;)

On 09.09.2011 13:47, Make Compile wrote:
> can i post here my problem ?

Yes, this is the right mailing list for posting issues.
Please post messages in plain text only (not rich-text or HTML-format).

As you posted on the announce mailing list already:

 > I'm just newbie on this application so please pardon my incompetence.

We all have to start once.

 > I'm trying to test out wpkg client server unfortunately when i run this
 > command to debug the XML files here's the error generatedon my workstation.
 > can anyone help me out on this. Thank you in advance

We can try to...

 > C:\Program Files\wpkg>cscript \\ocssvr\repo\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize /debug
 > Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
 > Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
 >
 > Reboot-Cmd is standard.
 > Initialized temporary local log file: C:\DOCUME~1\lbli\LOCALS~1\Temp\wpkg-logIni
 > t.log
 > Initializing new log file: C:\DOCUME~1\lbli\LOCALS~1\Temp\wpkg-lbli_d1.log
 > WPKG 1.2 starting...
 > Settings file contains 0 packages:
 > Packages file contains 0 packages:
 > Profile file contains 1 profiles:
 > 'default'
 > Using profile(s):
 > 'default'
 > Saving current environment
 > Getting profiles which apply to this node.
 > Applying profile: default
 > Adding package with ID 'time' to profile packages.
 > Database inconsistency: Package with ID 'time' does not exist within the package
 >   database or the local settings file. Please contact your system administrator!

It looks like you have a profile defined in profiles.xml which assigns the
profile "default" to your host. This profile contains a reference to the package
called "time". But as you can see above your packages.xml seems to contain 0
packages. So WPKG cannot find the package "time" you refer to.

Therefore it reports an inconsistency.

You could post the contents of your packages.xml here. Either it has wrong
contents or is simply empty.