[wpkg-users] wpkg and Win7 - network is slow to start up so wpkg fails

Paul Griffith paulg at cse.yorku.ca
Tue Apr 10 21:22:36 CEST 2012

Greetings,

    I am running into a startup problem with WPKG Client version 1.3.14
on Windows 7 x64.  I am working on testing Win7 deployments. I am using
MDT 2010 to deploy the OS and WPKG to deploy the applications.

I am running into a networking issue, it seem that when WPKG starts up
that the network isn't fully up yet so WPKG fails.

In the eventviewer I see the following error:
WNetAddConnections2 -> The network path was not found

If I login and run "net start wpkgservice",  the installation continues
until another reboot. Is there solution to this problem?

With unattended, which I currently use to deploy WinXP,  it would keep
retrying to mount/map the install share. Does WPKG have a similar feature ?

FYI I am running Win7 within a VM, VMware Hypervisor 5

Regards,
Paul