[wpkg-users] Problems with Downloading capability, or just PEBKAC ?

neilr8133 hd6z9jmmjs at snkmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:20:37 CEST 2012

Good [morning/afternoon/evening] (again :-)

Trying to figure out a few things about the downloading capabilities and whether I'm experiencing a bug in the code or if it's a PEBKAC error.

1) When using the <download> directive, it seems that the target folder is always rooted at %TMP% ?  I see nothing in the docs about a limitation (although it would make sense for security reasons) but that's the behavior I see..

2) I see a contradiction between the docs and downloader.cmd in that one says we can put downloading tools (like robocopy.exe) into tools\downloader but the other says that robocopy has to be pushed out to clients for use.  Which is correct?  (Looking through downloader.cmd I see that wget and the md5/sha1 calculators are picked up from the tools\downloader folder but robocopy isn't ?)

2b) Maybe I'm being dense, but what's the purpose of line 45 in downloader.cmd ?  The intent of the line as a whole is unclear, and also it seems like a syntax error to have that `0' in the middle of the string...

Thanks much!

-Neil