[wpkg-users] separate per user scripts

Sebastian Elsner sebastian at risefx.com
Thu Apr 19 19:15:18 CEST 2012

Hello,

we are using a samba domain with roaming profiles (limited users). I
want to have packages that execute for each user (for example copying
files to %APPDATA%) as well as packages installing stuff to
%ProgramFiles%. What is the best practice doing this?

I was thinking something like this:

+ a separate wpkg.xml for each user in this own roaming profile, only
user packages are executed
cscript wpkg.js /quiet /nonotify /synchronize
/settings:'%USERPROFILE%\wpkg.xml' /profile:'user_packages_only_profile'

+ a wpkg client which runs as System or Admin (whats the real difference
in this case anyway?) with standard usage of settings, profiles, hosts
and packages.xml

Cheers

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Elsner    -    pipeline td   -   r i s e |  fx

t:  +49 30 20180300                 sebastian at risefx.com
                                           www.risefx.com

r i s e |  fx  GmbH
Schlesische Strasse 28 Aufgang B, 10997 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Sven Pannicke, Robert Pinnow

Handelsregister Berlin HRB 106667 B(