[wpkg-users] Firefox zombie state

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:11:18 CEST 2012

Am 05.04.2012 08:53, schrieb Bruno CHOQUET:
> My firefox6 was installed by wpkg....
>
> In fact, i remove my package firefox6 (uninstall) from profiles.xml and
> i use a new package firefox 11 (install) : because updates don't always
> work. (XP / W7 32 / W7 64)

So you just removed it from the profiles, but it is still there as a
package definition?
If you have removed the package definition too, then this would result
in the zombie state.

If there is a problem with removing FF6, I would remove the install and
upgrade commands, just leaving the remove commands and increase the version.
This will make sure that the correct remove commands are used, if there
is a problem with an older package definition on the clients.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: