[wpkg-users] JS scripts for WPKG

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 6 21:34:14 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

On 06.04.2012 21:04, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Since managing shortcuts is an essential part of deploying software on Windows,
> I offer to create a JS script to be included in the tools folder of the
> distribution.

You are right. I am using shortcut.exe tool right now but using some open-source
JS script would be preferrable.

> I currently have a bunch of JS scripts to handle shortcut
> creation/checking/deletion, but would consolidate them into one script.
>
> Are you interested in including it in the distribution or should users need to
> search for it on the wiki?

Yes I would say we can add these scripts to the tools folder. As long as there
is no standard command-line tool on Windows to handle shortcuts it makes perfect
sense to include this in our own distribution.

> I think that there wouldn't be much need to maintain it, since shortcuts haven't
> changed for a while.
>
> What do you think?

I agree; if you have cleaned up these scripts you can send it to me so I can
commit it to SVN and include it in next release (WPKG 1.3.1).

Please consider writing some readme with basic usage information as well.