[wpkg-users] Problems with Downloading capability, or just PEBKAC ?

neilr8133 hd6z9jmmjs at snkmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:55:34 CEST 2012

Screwed up the first try, trying again.

-Neil

>Indeed I think you've spotted a bug. Line 45 should read as follows:
>
>if exist "%TOOLS_PATH%robocopy.exe" "%TOOLS_PATH%robocopy.exe"
>
>Its purpose is to check whether robocopy.exe exists within the same
>folder as
>downloader.cmd. If found it's used. If not found it's ignored and
>downloader.cmd
>will try to use robocopy.exe somewhere in the system path (if
>available).

Thanks for clearing up the first two issues, but I think I still see two problems:

1) How do the parameters given to downloader.cmd get propagated to
robocopy?

2) Isn't the line as-written only testing if robocopy exists in
TOOL_PATH, not in the installed OS (and then invoking the version on
the server)?

Based on my understanding (and the output I get currently) it seems
that the line should be:

	if exist "%SystemRoot%\system32\robocopy.exe" "%SystemRoot%\system32\robocopy.exe" %1

Of course, I may still be misunderstanding something, in which case thank you for your time and sorry to bother you. :-)
--
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.