[wpkg-users] <install> == <upgrade>

Ronny ladiko at web.de
Tue Apr 17 18:41:24 CEST 2012

Am 17.04.2012 17:32, schrieb Sebastian Elsner:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that a lot of people are having the same commands in the
> install and upgrade actions in a package. Is there any particular
> reason for this?
>
> Thank you
>
> Sebastian

Because alot installations dont differ whether you install oder upgrade
an application. i often use something like

<install cmd='...' />
<upgrade include='install' />

which means that the install commands will be executed on upgrade.

Once i used:

<upgrade include='remove' />
<upgrade include='install' />
which results in an uninstall of the old version and then the new
version is installed. So when you change something in the script, you
only need to do it once.

Regards Ronny