[wpkg-users] Problem with 64bit version of WPKG on WinXP 64

Kyle Conti kconti at boston-engineering.com
Tue Aug 14 15:32:23 CEST 2012

Stefan,

To answer your question on how we push out software to our users, I have attached three scripts. So initially, I run the UpdateScript64.bat script. I choose to input the IP for the computer I want to push the updates to. If the computer does not currently have wpkg on it, it will run the InstallWPKG_64.bat script, then follow up with the updatescript64.bat. If the computer already has wpkg client already installed, it only runs the updateworkstation.py script.

I have gone ahead and removed/replaced things relating to my company in these scripts. Please take a look through if you'd like. Once again, the problem is that on 64 bit computers I HAVE to reinstall the wpkg client before I can update a user again (after that user restarts his/her machine). On 32 bit computers, I can just keep running the update script and there are no issues. What would cause 64bit computers to mess up the client after a restart?

I had to rename the attachments to .txt to send.

Regards,

Kyle Conti , IT Engineer
Boston Engineering Corporation
300 Bear Hill Rd. | Waltham, MA 02451 | 781-314-0753