[wpkg-users] WPKG on Windows 8

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Aug 28 16:45:49 CEST 2012

Hi Jürgen,

On 28.08.2012 15:44, jurgen.depicker at let.be wrote:
> I was wondering how you exluded the flashplayer activex, since you wrote on
> http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2011-November/008252.htmlthat you
> were against this non-feature ;-).

I am using independent packages to deploy Flash Player (NPAPI) and Flash Player
Active X. As they are basically unrelated and more related to the browsers
assigned to the profile it does not make too much sense for me to bundle them.

About exclusion:
As I wrote I have simply created a new profile and assigned it to the Windows 8
host. This Profile just does not include the Flash Player Active-X package and
therefore it's not deployed.

If you use a single package then you might also use conditional commands to
avoid deployment of Flash Player Active-X on Windows 8 - but as said for me I
have just prepared a new profile.

I still say it's a non-feature to include something in a profile and then
"blacklist" it. But you can achieve something similar using conditional
expressions (e.g. having a profile which includes Flash Player Active-X package
only if the system is not Windows 8 - or, if you use a single package, use
conditional commands).