[wpkg-users] wpkg-users Digest, Vol 52, Issue 15

Mathieu Simon mathieu.sim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 11:14:21 CET 2012

G'day

I have encountered an interesting behaviour with the VBScript on the
Wiki that
pulls Computers in an AD according to their OU which allows re-using
this for OU-named
profiles:

We have OU's that have non-ASCII characters. Notepad++ shows the
then-generated
hosts.xml correctly when I switch to ANSI so I guess it's not UTF-8.  :-)

WPKG fails with an ANSI-encoded file, it can't parse the XML file - if I
replace the characters, let's
say "ä" I can use the file.

What would be better?
* Declare the generated file bein ANSI instead of UTF-8?
* Get data from AD and convert them to UTF-8 before they're writen out
to the file?

It doesn't look as if WPKG can't use Profiles with Umlaute like ä, it's
that the script
fails spitting out UTF-8 which WPKG seems to require. :-)

Best regards
Mathieu