[wpkg-users] Merge XML files, remove comments and validate?

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Wed Feb 8 13:12:14 CET 2012

> It would probably be much easier to do on your *nix server, which has a
> proper shell and all the command-line utilities you may need, rather
> than with Windows batch files.
>
> I don't have a script which merges xml files, but I do check my .xml
> files for syntax errors after any changes with this very simple command
> in a "wpkg-check" script:
>
> for f in config wpkg/settings hosts packages profiles; do
> xmllint --noout /docs2/install/$f.xml && echo OK $f || echo ERROR $f
> done
>
> ( I got "xmllint" with the Debian package "libxml2-utils"
> (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libxml2-utils) )

Thank you for answering!

I have made a combination of batch and perl script that merges and
removes all comments. The only thing that is missing is the validation.
Doesnt WPKG have some kind of validation built in with the latest version?

/David

--
David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator